5/19/08

Kitchen Must Haves

scanned via Renovation Style?
I am trying to keep track of a couple random "must haves" for any future kitchens I might have a say in. Nothing special, and I know I will add to this list as I remember things and come up with ideas

Cabinets that go to the ceiling are a must, but they have to be broken up somehow. I do like the look of frosted glass.

Cookbook Shelves. I like how this kitchen breaks up cabinets with shelving.

Ample natural lighting. No more turning on a light for breakfast. Use shelves on window idea if storage space will be sacrificed. Pay attention to the direction the house is facing and how this affects each room!

image via black eiffel
Convenient and ample organized storage for spices is a must. Either a horizontal pull out drawer like this, or a narrow vertical slide out cupboard/drawer.

No comments: