10/3/08

Optimism



“I am an optimist! What a wonderful time it is to be alive…my plea is that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we ‘accentuate the positive.’ I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort.

“I am not recommending that all criticism be silent. Growth comes with correction. ..What I am suggesting is that we have had missing from our society a buoyant spirit of optimism. What I am asking is that we turn from the negativism that so permeates our culture and look for the remarkable good in the land and times in which we live; that we speak of one another’s virtues more than we speak of one another’s faults; that optimism replace pessimism; that uncertainty and worry be pushed aside by an enduring feeling of hope.”

Gordon B. Hinckley


1 comment:

pat said...

thanks for that!
xxoo